Old 07-10-2013, 09:03 PM
mirabelle

OH NO Not Dear Jane my daughter has the book and has made 4 blocks , and I was going to make Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, well I have 1 block made so that is a start isn't it. SO I am figuring if we do Dear Jane will I have to make Sylvia's at the same time. Oh my I have to get my self organised.

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement, I will just have to nurse this shoulder along for a while, although I am not sure about the hand quilting. I made my DS a quilt once, Around the Twist it was called, took me 6 weeks to piece it and some bright spark had a great idea to hand quilt it, well it took them (not me cause I'm not that stupid) 3 years to quilt it and the name was very appropriate cause I nearly went around the twist

JeanieG you asked why so long to have surgery, well it is our overworked and overcrowded hospital systems, the surgeons are only allocated so many beds and time in operating theatres. Our hospitals are groaning under the pressures of now highly populated areas and hospitals not being upgraded to take the higher volume of patients.

My carpet cleaners are here and I have had to take everything out of my sewing room so tonight I get to put it all back together again, all nice and clean and tidy tomorrow might get some sewing done but not much as I am placing time limits on how long I sit at my machine...