Old 07-11-2013, 04:11 AM
carriem

I did order the DJ. I am in no hurry to start...still want to get some other quilts finished and haven't had a chance to decide what fabrics I will use. We have lots of Civil War fabrics at the shop where I work, so could easily find a variety for all those blocks. Another thought I had was doing something like D_D did with her PC quilt (shades of blue and cream)...I really liked the contrast on that. My book, etc will be here next week, can't wait to look at it.

Jeannie--If you get the CD, you can choose the size of blocks you want (from what I understood). So you could go bigger.

Karen--I am with you on trying a new size and even have some FQs I plan to use for the Q on the Sq blocks. I just need to figure out what I want to use for the corners and background. Did you see anywhere on the site how much fabric would be needed for the background? I am sure I can figure out the corners since it is the same amount for each block.

QE--forgot to say I don't applique (well I have tried very little "raw edge") so may be changing out those blocks or just not making them all! I am wondering what options there are on the CD for alternate blocks to the applique.

Last edited by carriem; 07-11-2013 at 04:14 AM.