View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 AM
nanna-up-north

Default I don't get it. How do they do this?

Okay, I've been quilting for almost 40 years. It's been a passion since I retired 9 years ago and I do something related to quilting almost every day. There was the 4 month layoff while my arm was broken last winter, and I can't do much when we have company. But that doesn't happen that often. But, I try to get on QB for a little bit everyday and I read on here that some people are making 50 quilts a year. How do they do that??? I mean, I'm not that much of a perfectionist but 50 quilts a year??? There's no way I could do that.

Are they just talking about making tops? I've done a few tops in a week but not that many. I mean, really..... I'm lucky to get 12 done a year. Actually, I don't think I've done 12 in a year unless you're talking about baby quilts.

Right now I have one quilt on my quilting frame..... hope to finish it in the fall. I'm working on a cathedral window quilt that I've been working on for over a year (Those do take awhile.... especially since it's a queen sized.) I brought 5 UFOs with me to the cabin this summer to try and finish but I'll feel really good if I accomplish that.... 3 months before I go back downstate. It will take me a week to just do the quilting on the first one..... I said I'd join in on the UFO group trying to finish 1 quilt a month. I sure haven't met that level yet.

So, How do they do this?