View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 06:09 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
I am waiting to get my Bernina 910 back right now. I was surprised that my neighbor asked to borrow it to take to a camp with her grandchildren. I don't like to lend my things, but I said OK because the little girl had started an AG doll dress at my house the day before they left. They have been back 4 1/2 days and I have not heard a peep about it. I am getting worried that something happened to it. I think my friend has a big fat nerve keeping it so long, in any case. I guess I'll have to call her. I certainly will not lend her anything again.
Hope you get it back okay! Does make one wonder when the return is slow - if at all.

I don't like to tell people what I have invested in things, but sometimes people have NO idea what they are asking for.

Would your neighbor have asked you "Hey, can I borrow $500 (or whatever the machine cost) for the weekend?" And more importantly, would you have said "Yes"?

The more responses I read, the better I think my idea of asking for collateral (damage deposit?) is a good one!

Another thing I think might be useful - the names and phone numbers of rental places!!!