Thread: New Sewing Room
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 06:12 AM
hopflower

Originally Posted by coastienest View Post
Well my favorite color is purple and I would put it anywhere I had available. I have a small ranch home and just painted the living room, dining room combo and the hallway a color called "Rapture". My husband thought it was going to be a shade of green because I had lots of samples on the walls in that color. For over a week I had a purple towel hanging in a noticeable spot to get the look of it in all different light. He goes to bed very early because of his early work hours. He went to bed one night, I painted it all purple and trimmed all the woodwork in ivory. The living room bottom wall is ivory with wide molding and purple on top. When. My dh woke up the next morning I thought he would die. He was actually mad at me. My kids live away and they too thought I was nuts. But I must tell you, everyone loves it. I think it was their idea of purple that scared them. All my family and friends say it is one of thee most beautiful rooms they ever saw. My husband now says he likes it and is over the shock of it all. I told him once it was all done and put together he would love it and that is how it ended up. Sooooooo go for whatever color you love. You will spend time there and you need to love it. You know what my vote would be.
Even all of my quilting friends know my love of purple and when we are at shows or do some shop hopping, they all point it out. It is a friendly joke between all of us. If its purple, its mine.
Wow looks like a short novel here, sorry.

I bet it was a shock to wake up and and see purple paint! I would love it though, as I am an avid lover of anything in the lavender/purple/violet family. I did think of lavender, but it would have to be the right shade and not too cold or dark. The light in that room would probably solve any of those problems, however.

I would really enjoy seeing some lavender sewing rooms. You have a contender for the purple queen race here!

Last edited by hopflower; 07-11-2013 at 06:19 AM.