View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 07:02 AM
GramMER

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
I want to make a Jelly Roll Quilt but don't have any jelly rolls. I never had bought one and am learning about them. I want to use what's in my small stash. Ok I have 5 different fabric I can use for this. How many of each do I need? The one print I can only get 6 strips from. So that will leave me with 4 fabrics. Now could I use four strips of the four then three of the one and back to the four fabrics with four more strips then back to the other three strips and back to the four fabrics of four strips each? That would be a total of 54 strips. Now I don't want this to have all the pieces of the same fabric all together. So is this correct?
Please help!
I remember two types of Jelly Rolls--one small and one larger. In the smaller set, there may be 20 different strips 45" wide and the larger will have 40 strips of the 45"wide fabric. Some have no repeats and some have several repeats. I think the variety is nice, but as long as you have the number of strips for your project, the variety should not be that big of a problem. If you are game to cut all those, you can save a lot.