View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 AM
nanna-up-north

Default Another reason vintage is the best.

I'm working on a pair of twin sized quilts for my guest room. The tops are done.... pieced on my 1950s FW. I didn't have a hint of a problem. The FW sewed everything like it was so happy putting together these new quilts. But, everyone said not to do the quilting on the FW.... and really, the throat area is too small for this one.

So, I'm doing the quilting on my Viking 1+. I brought it up to the cabin this year to do this project.... and a couple of other large quilting projects I plan to do while I'm here. I got one block done. Yes, I said one block. Now the feed dog won't move the fabric. The foot pedal will only stitch 3 or 4 stitches (in place, since the feed dog doesn't move it forward) and then it stops.

And all my vintage machines are back at my other place.... 10 hours away...... ARGGG!! And I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to the nearest repair place for the Viking. If it were vintage, you all would help me figure it out and fix it. Since it's a 'puter' machine...... well, let's say, I'm not so happy right now.!! VINTAGE IS BEST!!!