View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:57 PM
petthefabric

The very next day I did take Delayne to a retreat. I knew there'd be someone there who knew how to use it and I'm pretty good at a manual. Turned out pretty good. Did some FMQ and seams. Managed to bend one of the feet. Now it's breaking threads. The tech will be back from vacation next week, so I'll take it in.

Tuesday, while teaching FMQ, one student had the 710 and I was able to help her. Yeh!

Today, had my first real lesson. Got a surge protector for 1700 joules, and one for the TV and one for the computer. Living in the mountains, just never know when a tree will fall and cause serious power fluctuations. Also, got some more "D" for dual feed, feet. When it was back at Bernina for the used overhaul, they updated some things and even the staff didn't know yet what they do. The auto thread cutter wasn't cutting the bottom thread. Learned how to clean it (had a thread in it), works great.

Then had some time with the embroidery expert. She digitized a quilting pattern for me. And I got to practice. We'll see how it does with computer quilting.

So, guess what I'm doing tomorrow, besides laundry!

Beyond excited!!!!!