View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 AM
katesnanna

Around 8 or 9 years ago one of my quilting buddies said I mass produced quilts. I know I did do quite a few. I've given quilts to charities made them for friends and family and enjoyed making them. I got a commission for a quilt and spent several months collecting fabrics and designing the pattern. All I was told was it needed to be at least 4ft square and made up of lots of small triangles. It was a mammoth task but I truly enjoyed it. The hardest part was deciding how much to charge. I took it to two LQS and both said at least $500.00. As it was for a friend of DH I only asked for $300.00. These days I would value my work more.
These days I find making time for quilting the hardest thing, especially as I now do embroidery as well as make bags and still spend too much time on the computer. I also knit.
Each of us is different but we all enjoy what we do. Whether we make 50 quilts a year or just a few is up to each of us. I've never heard of any rule in quilting which says we must produce a certain amount of work.
If I stopped enjoying all that I do I would sell my machines and sell or donate my stash and all my tools. Until then I'll enjoy what I do and be grateful I can still do it.

Happy Quilting all.