Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 AM
irishrose

Pat, I really like your fabrics. What a fun thing to learn!

Roseanne, your pictures are very encouraging. You look good.

BTW, what is the appropriate thing to say to someone who has lost a lot of weight? I recently saw a young friend who I had been concerned about - now she has lost a huge amount of weight - probably in the neighborhood of 100 pounds. I wanted to acknowledge how pleased I am but not so obviously that she felt she wasn't acceptable the way she was. I finally settled for "You look wonderful" and "No, you don't have a long way to go."

My LQS is having a huge sale this month. I will need to stay out of there - too much fabric is house clutter just like too many pounds is body clutter. I'm already there on both counts -I will not add to either category.

Pam, safe travels to your son. It's such a long trip. When my son was flying to and from Japan, it was hard for him. Too long to be confined for a former hyper child. Monday he drove to Connecticut which takes about as long, but at least he can get out of the truck occasionally.

I came home from the quilt group with a quilt that needs to be expanded. I don't want to do it, but I will remind myself it is for missions. The owner will 'pay' the women's group for our mission work and I know she will be generous. I hate taking things apart, plus I need to figure out how to add all three layers as inconspicuously as possible.

My ex is having a bad week so I've had to deal with his doctors. No, I am not taking care of him, just making sure he is being taken care of - there's a huge difference emotionally, if not physically.

My back is stiff because I didn't go walking last evening. We started out quite early but some idiot was setting off fireworks. Lily and Moira headed for home and refused to go back out. I'm glad we got in the full 2 miles Wednesday though I can't do that every day.

Cindy, my acid green batik went in the mail Wednesday. Now to wait for it and rest to come back to me.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.
Judy