View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 AM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by rosiewell View Post
they send them out to be quilted, that alone shaves quite a bit of time from making the quilt, I have been quilting steadily for 24 years and I have made 82 quilts, I used to piece and quilt by hand and no rotary cutter, now I don't make large quilts anymore and I machine quilt. I like to do my own quilting which is not as beautiful as some of the quilts I see being done professionally, but I love the process and the satisfaction of seeing the last stitch in.
I quilt all my own quilts. On machine, it doesnt take that much time really. I keep organized which helps me move fast. But then I am fast with almost everything I do. It is just the way I am. It is a hobby for me, I enjoy doing it. If it takes 1 day or 10 days to piece a quilt, I love it just the same.

There is nothing wrong with anyone's way of doing things, each does what is best for them. For me, making lots makes me happy. For others, moving slower makes them happy......that is the beauty of this world. Everything is different, but together we are all stronger!

Originally Posted by Kath12 View Post
I too can't understand how they can afford it. It is quite costly to make a decent quilt. If I didn't make quilt samples for my LQS, I wouldn't be able to afford much. Quilting is expensive
My son is grown, I have no DH, I have no other hobbies, I dont go out carousing around, I refuse to shop for new clothes because I NEED to get back into the 2 closets of brand new top of the line clothes that are a size too small right now! I drive a 13yr old car, and have no credit cards. And I have a very good job with very good pay. So I have alot of funds available to do what I want to do.