Old 07-12-2013, 09:04 AM
ArchaicArcane

What a great table!!
I don't think there's anything "wrong" with the nose, I think it's open. This part has to open to service the machine, it's just a hinged door.
Make sure the stitch selector moves freely. Many people will say the machine works fine, and if all they do is one stitch, they may never notice that the stitch selector is frozen up. The front one pushes in, then turns, and the back pulls toward you and then turns.

If the stitch selector is frozen up, it can be fixed with some time and elbow grease, but it becomes a bargaining point.
This is a discussion we had about that very problem on the American version of your machine.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...e-t216956.html

A couple of things to note though.
1. Are there are 2 different machines in these photos? One has the brown panel behind the stitch selector, and one has the beige. This is very strange. Maybe it's just a trick of the light.

2. There's water staining on the floor (I think) Machines don't like really moist environments. It would be a good idea to check the machine over very carefully for signs that the moisture has bothered it. Again, not insurmountable, just something to look for.