Thread: right or wrong?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM
klgreene

Default ugly fabric

Our guild did an ugly fabric block swap. And there were some ugly fabrics and ugly blocks. Then we had a drawing and one person won all the blocks. She was supposed to put it together. Which she did, and it turned out to be a beautiful quilt. I admit, this was my idea because one of the girls at our Christmas party kept saying on our material Bingo, that "this is an ugly fabric" "looks like baby poop" (I had that) and that was an ugly fabric (had that one also) so as President of our extension I piped up and said, ok, we are all going to make a block with what they think is their ugliest fabric and see what happens. We also swapped those ugly fabrics so we were not using our own fabric. I personally don't think there is an ugly fabric. None of the colors matched, strictly scrappy, but as I said, it turned our really nice. So I proved my point. There is no ugly fabric, it's just how it's used. My baby poop fabric was a blender and looked perfect in a native American looking quilt. I thought I had taken a picture of the Ugly turned beautiful quilt, but I guess I didn't take my camera that day. Sorry.