Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM
meanmom

Judy your acid green batik will look awesome with my purple batik. Yes it is not fun working on someone project. I would just butt the edges of the batting together and sew with a large zig zag stitch. Or they do make that fuseable tape to join batting.
My SIL is a teacher and has been looking for a job closer to home. They were 4 hours away. With my 2 grandsons. He got a job today much closer to home. It is about 45 minutes away. I will have to visit a lot since Fabric Shack is pretty much on the way there:-) They own a house 3 miles from me but it is currently rented out. He will commute for the first year and then they will decide where to move if he likes the school district. It sounds like a good district. I am so happy for them . The pay is a lot better too.
I am still trying to decide how to use my fabric I dyed. SOmething kinda wild or an optical illusion I am thinking. I have some ideas floating around in my head but they haven't formed into a quilt that I am capable of constructing just yet.
I had too much spinning class yesterday so I skipped today. I figured my knees needed a rest. I will go tomorrow. I did a little bit of weight training today. I also canned green beans, 18 pints. I have ham and beans in the crock pot and just made zucchini bread. I used splenda and applesauce (instead of the oil) in the recipe. We actually like it better with the applesauce. Sometimes I use pureed prunes or pumpkin instead of the oil. Works great in most recipes.
I have corn to freeze too so I guess I had better get to work so i can sew later.
Pat