Old 07-12-2013, 01:39 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by plume View Post
Hello!
I'm about to purchase a European 401 (not sure if it's the G or M). The lady is telling me it's still working (she said she used it last a couple of months ago last). I'm unable to check since she's located in the north of Italy, and I'm currently in the south. I also don't know a thing about sewing, this would be my 1st machine, and I'm very much looking forward to learning on it. Comparing the pictures she sent me with all your pictures, I have some doubts about its nose: the slot seems broken/way to large (see pictures). Since it comes with this cabinet, which I adore, if you think it's fixable, I'd rather have it repaired than losing the opportunity... What do you think?
Thank you all in advance for your advice. (I hope it's OK to post here, I figured this was the right place since the different 401 pictures are here too.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]423531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]423532[/ATTACH]
I'm really liking that table!!! I have one of those machines. SWEET!!!!!! The first one I got came out of the trash. It was a big mess. It took a long time but I did get it working. Hopefully you won't have all that much wrong if you can make the stitch selectors work. The nose just needs to snap shut. I have a little drawer unit like that for mine. It some how hooks to the machine and makes the bed longer. The machine is a winner in my book.