View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Jim's Gem

Originally Posted by junipergal View Post
I agree with you - what is the rush - are they obsessive? But I have also seen some of them and they were nothing to brag on. It's one thing to throw some stuff together, quilt in the ditch and call it a quilt - and it's another thing to create a thing of beauty that your heart loves (and everyone else)

Be very careful before judging other's and their quilts. It is possible to produce many works of art. Some of us work faster and enjoy every minute we spend. Just because we put the quilt together in a weekend does not mean that we did not make something beautiful. All of the quilts that I have made as gifts for people or made to be auctioned off for charity or fund raising have been beautiful and very much loved. Obviously they are not hand appliqued or hand quilted but I quilt all my own work. Most of them are FMQ'd on my domestic Bernina. I do not judge those of you that work slower, don't assume that just because we can make many quilts that they are not quality or beautiful or loved

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!