Old 07-13-2013, 03:35 AM
CindyA

@meanmom, I hope to can some green beans this summer. I haven't tried any veges yet, just pickles, relishes, and jams.

@irishrose, I've known several people who have lost large amounts of weight (100 lbs or more). The ones I'm specifically thinking of had the surgery. Some of them were very open about talking about it and some extremely private about it and didn't want to talk about it at all (despite that it was, of course, very noticeable that they were losing a LOT of weight). I always start out with something a little vague, more along the lines of how have you been doing, how are you feeling, etc. and go from there. I completely respect the fact that everyone is different and may or may not need to talk about it. I think I'm always 'safe' with a genuine "I've been thinking about you and hope you're doing/feeling ok."

I went back to yoga yesterday morning and boy did I need it. She focused on twists, saying she had overeaten over the July 4th holiday and it would squeeze our organs and get all the toxins out!! Boy, I sure felt the squeeze, but glad I went and really do feel better today. I'll plan for a walk today and we're cleaning out the garage, so I'll be moving around and not sitting all day.