View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 04:46 AM
maminstl

The 950 is just a 4x4, but I really bought the machine because it's light and I can easily take it with me. Got the Brother because my home machine is a Babylock, so can switch out bobbins and some feet. This model seems identical to the Babylock Sofia, but I was able to buy it from a dealer at a better price. If I "take" to embroidery, I'll get a bigger one. I see some comments above about the Crescendo - that is what I have. I absolutely love it so far. It's quiet, tracks great. I am really crazy about the laser light thing. All those little squares that go in the corner and sewn from tip to tip - no marking, just line it up on the light and go. I got the machine mostly because of the big harp space which is awesome, but even more than that, FMQ on it is fantastic - stitches perfect, no wierd tension issues. I paid $3,600 before taxes which include the gold warranty. The price supposedly included a trade in, but that was just market-speak. My dealer really does not want my old machines. I shopped around for it, and was quoted a price as high as $4,500. I did not get the dual foot pedal, but now, of course, I want it. My birthday is next month