Old 07-13-2013, 09:43 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
That story illustrates why some quilters do not get the expected (or anticipated) heart-felt thanks for their gifts of a quilt and why some of them end up under the dog. Different people have different tastes. I would think that grandma was a true quilter who had the need to express her creativity in scraps. Would she be disappointed? Sure. But she would probably shrug it off and still keep making quilts.

It is a good example of how we need to evaluate whom we give quilts to if we want the quilts to be appreciated and used.
words so true. thought so well stated. i read so many laments re: the reception & use of quilts we put so much love & work into the making of. i think we, as quilters, need to step back, put down the needle - and think. when we shop for gifts for xmas, birthday or whatever special occassion for someone close or special. we put much (or at least i do) thought into intended recipients favorite past times, activities hobbies and interests - just to match the perfect gift w the target personality. and not all target personalities are quilt or afghan personalities. some enjoy their book without a cover for their knees. some cannot fathom staying still long enough for a covering for their knees.