View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 AM
cricket_iscute

Originally Posted by Quiltlady330 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. LOL
For most of the years since 1996, I worked a very demanding job with a great deal of overtime, commuted two hours most days, got straight As in all my university classes, kept up a home, husband, two dogs, garden, worked as a volunteer counselor, volunteered for church and other things, and more. It's all in a matter of how you use your time. I have no chauffeur, no cook, no housekeeper, no wet nurse, no personal vet, no yard man, no mechanic, no errand runner. And I am permanently disabled, which makes everything ten times harder. Yet I have given away 425 quilts since 1996, some with help from other quilters. It's a matter of sticking to it, and having the discipline to get things done even when I am so tired. It's a matter of coming home exhausted at 9 pm, sewing one block for 20 minutes, and going to bed only to get up and do it again. While I do make kid's quilts, about 80 percent of the quilts I make are 60x80 inches or bigger. I'm not bragging and I'm not saying I am perfect, but I am saying that it's possible to use time wisely and get things done.

Like my grandma used to say, some people are lifters and some people are leaners. Some do the work, and some lean against them, complaining, belittling their efforts, and putting them down. I seldom find leaners in the quilting community. I am disappointed by some of the comments here.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 07-13-2013 at 10:18 AM.