View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:00 AM
cricket_iscute

Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
Thank you gayle........I was trying to calm down and just couldnt respond so eloquently. I wholeheartedly agree. No matter what pattern is used, how long it took to put together or what quilting was done on the quilt. It doesnt change the fact that someone put love, time and effort into it.

Alot of responses on this thread have really bothered me, it is almost like anyone who uses a machine to sew or quilt, or if they can put things together fast...then they are not as well done or loved. The amount of beauty and love in a piece of hand crafted art is NOT dependent on the time, effort or skill put into that item. It is the love of the artist.
Thank you, Carolyn. There is enough discouragement in making all these quilts just by the nature of the project. It's a labor or love and I don't get any payment for it. I pay a price for having a lot of these quilting supplies clutter my too-small house, as does my family. A lot of these comments have bothered me, as well. My father used to say "Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes." Thank you for your comments.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 07-13-2013 at 11:20 AM.