Old 07-13-2013, 12:14 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Thanks everyone! It's one of the few machines lately that has made me take a look, then a second, then a third, before I whipped out payment. Most of the time, I've been saying, "No, I'm in a purge phase, I don't need more keepers...." Though I should have known better, it -was- at my favorite (for finding sewing machines) thrift shop...

Does anyone know what those 4 pieces are in the 3rd pic? I've seen the black one in other photos, I think it might be a knife holder? The other 3 have me stumped though.

Also, I think I know how to get the machine out of the cabinet for a good cleaning. If you detach the light from the machine and leave it with the cabinet, the motor plug can be disassembled.

I really do want it on my bench, as the hand wheel turns smoothly for half a turn, then a little harder for the rest of the turn even after marinating in TriFlow for the night. Looks to be in time with the feed dogs rising, but it's hard to tell when I'm trying to climb over the desk every which way to see what's going on.
Strip off the throat plate and see if it still rubs.