View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:13 AM
cat-on-a-mac

Default It started as a Convergence Quilt ....

I think I had better stop adding to this quilt! I wanted to try Ricky Tim's Convergence Quilt ... piecing that part only took about 1 1/2 hours one night. I then fused and appliqued some figures cut out from the lower left fabric. But then I kind of got carried away (with some help from QB ... see this previous thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/art-quilters-please-help-how-can-i-fix-quilts-t224422.html )

I added some beading (my first attempt) and some fabric origami flowers (again, my first attempt). I tried out a new FMQ design in the upper left part, Diane Gaudynski's "Celtic Bubbles". I really like how that part came out.

Oh, the pink/purple fabric in the upper left was a fat quarter that my sister-in-law gave me when I first started quilting a few years ago. It was hand dyed by one of her friends. The lower left fabric with all the neat figures is a Laurel Burch fabric "Celestial Dreams"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423875[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423876[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423877[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]423878[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails whole-quilt.jpg   flowers-fish-close-up.jpg   sun-closeup.jpg   signature-close-up.jpg