Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Sandy1951

I'd better get our turkey out of the freezer, too. Sometimes I forget. :oops: I think I agree with Miss Treated that leftovers are my favorite part. Yum!

No decorating for Christmas for us; we'll be moving in a week or two. The house we're moving into was supposed to be ready by Thanksgiving, so we thought we'd be spending the four day weekend moving, but now we're told it won't be ready for another week. In spite of knowing for months that we'd be moving, we're still not ready. I guess we'd better try to finish the packing this weekend.

We've got lots of Christmas stuff we normally decorate the house with, but I know we won't have the energy or inclination to do it this year. Plus we won't have a fireplace mantel and shelves in the living room at the new place so I don't even know where we'll put things next year. Maybe I'll get rid of most of it. :cry:

I don't even know if we'll have a Christmas tree this year. Yikes, I really can't imagine Christmas without a tree. We've always had a real one the entire 39+ years we've been married. Hmmm...I just realized I've always had a real tree every Christmas of my entire life! Even the year before I got married and was by myself in a little apartment I got a little tree and decorated it. Well, we'll just have to get a tree and that's all there is to it!

I've been trying to avoid thinking about this whole moving thing, but now that I am, perhaps what I should do this weekend (along with packing) is make and freeze Christmas cookies so I'll have them to send home with the friends who are going to help us move. Yeah, that's a good idea, isn't it?

New answer: My favorite part of the four-day Thanksgiving weekend, besides the leftovers, is baking Christmas cookies to give to helpful friends. :D