Old 07-14-2013, 05:22 PM
AngelinaMaria

Default Need a little help with using Sta-Flo for the first time.

I usually use Best Press but that really only gives me a light starching and I wanted to try something different for a medium to medium heavy startching so I bought a jug of Sta-Flo. I've read many posts that refer to putting it in a spray bottle and spraying it onto the fabric. I was thinking about preparing a large tub of the starch/water mix and completely soaking my fabrics. So, my questions are:

--The bottle mentions wetting the fabric/item in the solution then wringing it out. Should I let the fabric soak in the solution for a period of time?

--The bottle says you should iron the fabric/item while it is wet or damp. If I let it dry or almost dry, will I get the same results? I don't like ironing wet or pretty damp fabrics because the moisture soaks into my ironing pad pretty quickly.

--I'm going to be using about 65 to 75 fat quarters for my project. I hope one jug will be enough. I'll probably be doing it in 5 to 7 FQ pieces at a time depending on how they fit in my wash tub/bin (the bins you get at the hospital to vomit in-I was sent home with one last June after surgery as I was still feeling very yucky!!).

Is there anything else I need to know or tips you can give me? Thanks.