Old 11-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Tiffany

I cannot believe how excited I am to start this with you all!

Someone said they were doing all the pieces by hand, which actually got me to wondering if I wanted to do that. I woke up this morning with my arthritis in my hands killing me. I guess that would be a no. Lol. Some of those blocks look like they might go together better by hand and I may do a few by hand. I love learning new techniques so I think I may try a bit of everything with this quilt, hand sewing, machine piecing, and paper piecing. I'm also going to have to get out the coloring pencils and play around with the color and value placements. I'm definitely using scraps, but in an organized way. I will keep my eye out for sales on flat fold fabrics at a LQS. Once they go on sale I will see what is available and make a background choice then. I'm definitely leaning toward a dark background but I think I'd like to try something other than black. I wait for the flat fold sale because then the fabric is only $1.99 a yard!! As long as I am picky I usually get some great fabric.

I'm going to send out an email to all my local quilting buddies and see if anyone in my local guild might be interested in doing this with us. If there is any interest then we can meet at my house once a week or every other week to go over the block and whatnot. Doesn't that sound like fun?