Old 07-15-2013, 07:07 PM
nancia

never had fried artichoke hearts, but a friend of mine used to make killer marinated artichoke hearts! i love the funnel cakes and the deep fried ice cream. and the corny dogs at the texas state fair. maybe they have wheelchairs at the fair. do you have someone to push you?(hint, hint, steve!) gotta put those burly muscles to work, studboy! ooo, ooo! i just remembered, the belgian waffles! with strawberries and whipped cream. one year i was all set to try the deep fried snickers bar, but couldn't rid myself of you know who, who i'm sure would give me that look, and then ask for a bite and take a good quarter of it! that's the original fat quarter!! that fewer calories for me! tonight, this same man, stopped at stryers' farm and bought me a pound of their home-made rice pudding! omgoodness, on a spoon! i ate the whole container full! all $7 worth! guess you just better make me walk around the fair and no naughty treats..... but i'm sure the saltwater taffy wouldn't hurt me. of course, there's the mercado and the tacos, burritos, gorditos, et ceteros! i've been outed! i go to the fair to eat!! i walk the shortest distance from one food booth to the next, lol! oh, and the arts and textiles in the women's bldg! all those yummy quilts, and antique dolls, and stuff that people have made. glorious!! oh, and we have to go to see the livestock! the french lop rabbits, the two-ton hogs, the lambs, the knights from the castle and their andalusian horses. my own ds was a knight at medeival times. i had a crush on ralph and james, and 3 of the horses! lol. good times! then there's all the homemade crafts for sale, and the musical performances. our family was all teachers and students so we had free tickets nearly every year! and with the state fair right there in dallas there was no excuse not to go!! oh, i forgot, if you have any room left be sure and get the sausage with peppers in a roll, mmmmmyum!! okay, you can roll on home now! thank you! i had a great time!!