Old 07-16-2013, 04:57 AM
meanmom

It is really hot here too. I worked up a sweat taking the garbage out to the curb this morning. I was watering flowers last night at 8:30 and was dripping sweat. This is one of the reasons I gave up trying to walk, bike etc outside. Between weather, getting dark early in the winter and allergy issues I moved most of my exercise indoors. Even with my prescription allergy meds I still have allergy problems.
We have been helping mom my clean out some of dads things. So sad. She is doing really well with things. We have been keeping her busy and luckily she has a really good group of friends. She is 86 and still hangs out with a group from high school.
My DS arrives from Japan on Thursday. Can't wait to see him. Unfortunately my DIL couldn't get off of work. He will be cooking and asking me to cook all kinds of fattening things. Hope I can behave myself. Weigh in is tomorrow. Hope it is good. I only weigh once a week. I am working on a quilt that was supposed to be a quick, simple quilt between projects. I keep adding more things to it, not so simple any more. I was using up things I had. It was something I saw on here where you start with a 4 patch, cut it and it makes a pretty block. I made blocks until I ran out of fabrics. I was going to set them on point but was too tired to figure out the setting triangles. It need another border on it to make it a good size. I will dig thru my stash tonight to finish it. I am going to finish it without buying anything.
I need to get ready for my spinning class. I have always really liked spinning. I hope I can keep it up when school starts. Not sure about making it to a 6:00 AM class!