View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:28 AM
mcwillia

join the PCQuilter yahoo group. It's not very active these days but there is a lot of info in the group's files. Tech support is available at a reasonable cost ($75 I think) for a set time period.

Yes, the technology is old with no future upgrades but the system does run like a tank. When I got mine in 2003, it was a super low cost alternative to the $20K+ quilting machines which didn't have computers at that price. PCQ technology was designed to work with any computer which was an amazing feat considering the variety of computers. Tim expected a certain level of computer smarts from PCQ owners and there was a test to verify a potential buyer could handle the requirements. For example, you had to be comfortable changing a line of code or finding the proper port on your computer. Not a plug and play system but it was affordable.

I quilted over 300 quilts for Project Linus on that system. When I retired in 2010, I treated myself to a Handiquilter 18" with ProStitcher because I knew I'm committed to quilting and I wanted to do complex computer-aided designs.

PCQ is a good system and I'm glad I bought it. Tim was a genius and it's sad that his wife is unable to continue his goal to bring low cost computerized technology to the world of quilting. If anyone is interested in a well loved PCQ system, please PM