Thread: Photo Quilt
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Earleen

Originally Posted by klgls View Post
I made one for our parents one Christmas. I purchased the photo fabric that you run through your inkjet printer. But now I just use white/off-white fabric and iron it on freezer paper and run it through my printer. Works just as well and a whole lot cheaper. I had trouble finding freezer paper and while at our local Hen House, I asked the butcher if I could have a piece (needed it for a quilt I was making) and he gave me a 8' long piece (16 inches wide) free. Said I could get some anytime I wanted it as he knew I shopped there frequently for meat. I don't have a photo right now to attach - but I simply bordered each photo and then sashing between the blocks and rows. My parents loved it. However, that was a few years ago - now they have 19 grandkids and 39 great-grandkids - don't think I'll attempt another one for them. LOL. Good luck on yours.
How did you treat and for how long after taking out of printer. I use the freezer paper method also and it works fine. Just wondering how you finished it for the quilt. Thanks for any info.