View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Rubesgirl

Smile Searching for a particular quilt

Hi Everyone,

I've been missing from this Board for a while due to family obligations and making more quilts than I know what to do with. I do read through some of the forums, but just haven't contributed lately.

I am hoping that someone might recall seeing a star quilt (I believe it was a Carpenter's Star) a year or so ago (it might even have been in 2011) that looked like it was exploding from the center out. It was one of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen and I recall showing it to my DH, so I know it exists. The problem is, I can't recall who made it or whether it was a Carpenter's Star at all. It may have been another pattern altogether, but it looked like it was blowing up from the center outward. I believe it went from a yellow center out to darker colors, but my ever worsening case of CRS kicks in and I'm not sure.

If any of you remember the quilt or the person who made it, would you please let me know. I would like to make one similar to it as a Christmas gift and need to see how the colors were coordinated to make it look like that.

Thanks tons!