Old 07-16-2013, 01:42 PM
nancia

you can eat all the clams and linguine you want. i only eat the ipswich fresh fried clams (lived just down the street from ipswich so i know from fried clams!) we also were down the street from the world famous topsfield fair. was terrific fun till melanie jane lost lunch on the salt and pepper ride. or was it the flying teacups? don't know how i ever went back and still ate fair food. lololol! poor melanie. she had a thing about oopsy-ing. we went to a special screening of gone with the wind and she spent the movie in the ladies, redistributing her chocolate chip muffin breakfast. she died a couple years ago. went in for chemo for esophageal cancer and had a heart attack. really, my best friend from high school, gone. of course, to this day i will not ear chocolate chip muffins!
i love italian food! married into a brooklyn kosher family. my dmil bought everything at the deli and brought it home and put it in serving dishes. lol. so when dh says, yum, just like mother used to make, i thump him on the head! i will not be compared to her take-out! sheesh! ( the desserts were the best! ny cheesecake, hard to beat!!) man, this is making me hungry. dh is having dinner with out of town folks, and my poor car is having it's first major repair in 13 years! so, i'm scrounging in the kitchen of old mother hubberd! the burning smell i noticed in my car, after the air conditioner quit, was the ac compresser. 800 smackers later, and tomorrow at the earkiest, i will have a nice cool car again. i drove it to the garage this a.m. around 8, and was sweating after 5 minutes in the car (nearly the whole ride, lol. hot stuff around here!