View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Dragonfly Nana

Hi Nexxus831 and Lestrong601 - these new gals are in for a treat working with us three!
Hello to SuzaBMidlands and Alikat110 I hope you are as excited as we are to begin this adventure.

I am 51 and still work full time. My DH and have two children - my 30 year old son who blessed us with our grandson 8 years ago and his 25 year old daughter who is a newlywed. I will be working on a quilt to celebrate her recent marriage and hope to have in finished in time for Christmas
I have been sewing all my life but taught myself to quilt (thank you internet) in 2007 when for the first time in my life I was unemployed in a very small and remote town. Fortunately it did not last long (we moved) but by then I was hooked on quilting. I found this board about 3 years ago and haven't looked back. This is my "guild" and I love it.
I participated in the Doll Quilt Swap for 2 years and then was asked to join a Round Robin. That first one was so much fun that I started a RR of my own with 5 other board members which was scheduled to be done next late next year but we are so far ahead that we my be done by January. LOL
They goaded me into this one and I am looking forward to getting to know each of you better as we share stories and fabric.