View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Stitchengramie I am sure it is more difficult making the wing block. I have just done the half square triangles, and the boston blocks. I am busy working on your block, and having fun. I am feeling so much better since I have been going to physical therapy. I was in so much pain before it was hard to deal with much of anything when I ended up with an impinged nerve. I finally have the feeling back in my finger too. The physical therapist said his own father had the same thing, but ended up having surgery, and still was left with most of his hand numb permanently.
I had some fatty tumors removed a few years ago on my arm and they took off a small tumor at the base of one of my fingers on the same hand. It was a diff kind of tumor the dr said it would eat the bone if it had been left. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to sew after the surgery. I had been told the one largest tumor had a major nerve running through it and I had a 50/50 chance of losing the use of my hand. So I did end up with that one finger having a surface numbness but it is a small price to pay and I hardly notice it any more