View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Sheluma

I don't see any evidence of scroll work. Some cabinets had no drawers. The more drawers, the more expensive the cabinet. The fancy ones had pieces of pressed wood (wood pressed into a design) glued on. I enlarged it 200% and still can't see anything but a plain original drawer. Where is the evidence of the wood appliques? I can't see anything on the hinges either.

Is the missing slide plate in the drawer? You'll need that. Most of the chrome looks nice and shiny except the hand wheel. I agree the price is very high, but if you've been looking for a year for this exact machine, and you can afford it, maybe it's your lucky day like Steve said. It sounds like the seller has a sentimental attachment to this piece and maybe that's why it's over priced. The puzzle box seems to be in nice shape and the manual is present for it, which is kind of rare. Is the manual for the machine there? You might be able to find a free download, but still the original would be nice. Sorry I'm useless in helping you make this decision. What are the 7 machines you've bought? It sounds like you have caught the bug!