View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 AM
mckwilter

jamsbuying -- they have beginner classes in every catagory -- beginning quilting, FMQ, applique, long arm, and this year they've added the HQ Sweet 16. And just remember, everyone in that class is probably a beginner, too. I've taken applique classes from several different teachers, both at different LQSs and at Festival, and I always learn something.

Cindi -- what you and Peggi could do is agree on one day to take a class and take what you want to. You will not only learn something you are interested in, you will meet lots of new friends. Several of us take classes, but I've only been in one where I knew someone. We sometimes carpool to and from, and we meet for lunch, but our interests are different.

Anniedeb -- you will love it.

If you are interested in taking classes, try to register as soon as possible, because some classes fill up quickly. Also, if you don't get into one, once you get to the Festival, there is a board where people who got into a class find they can't attend it and will sell it to you. Sometimes, they just give the class away just so the spot doesn't go to waste.