Old 11-23-2009, 10:43 AM
adriansmom

Do not by a Bernina second hand for one reason only...when something breaks..because it will...they can be very expensive to fix. I inherited mine and the emb module went bad very soon after. My machine was only 1.5 yrs old and hardly used. The lady decided the machine was too much machine for what she does and traded it in for a lesser model. I did not have the warranty..cost me $450 to replace. Also my delaer in tow provide all servicing/upgrades for no charge when purchasing a machine. It costs me $75 everytime it needs its annual service. Being it's computerized, you don't want to let the annual servicing go by the wayside. I say..buy new. The classes are free..and you'll need them along with the warranties and other perks your dealere gives you. Unfortunately, the sam guy owns all 3 bernina stores ina 200 mile radius..so I can't even try for a cheaper deal with someone else. I have a 180E, and my mom has the 200E, along with the quilting machine and a serger. I love my "Berni" but sure wish I had the warranties and classes. I've had my machine for 6 years and couldn't tell you all this machine can do or how to do it. I still don't know what half the buttons on the screen are for!! Hope santa brings you what you want. Go to the dealer and try one on and see what you think.