Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 AM
JanieW

Looks like we were posting at the same time, QuiltE and I missed your pic of your FMQ. Well done. Very clever to think of clover. Isn't it fun when it goes well?

Gardnergal, come on up for a visit next July and we will get you to the Stampede. I have friends who just love it, but it has no appeal for me. I don't do well in crowds and the Stampede has plenty of crowds.

In regards to the Percherons, I used to work with special needs kids. One little guy had a terrible time with academics, he was small for his age and found school difficult. He was a whiz with driving the Percherons. He asked me to go watch him compete one time and it made me so proud of him to see him handle those great big animals. I will always think of him when I go to see them.

Once when I was taking a student to a farm for work experience I got talked into helping the farmer give a needle to a Clydesdale. I was supposed to hold his neck while the farmer stuck the needle in. I am not very big or strong, so it was questionable why he asked me, but any port in a storm. We got it done, but I have a healthy respect for those big guys.

Today I am going to throw a Toad in the Hole in the oven and then go to the sewing room for the first time in a week. I am going to make a list of projects needing finished, prioritize, then start on the first one. I do have the second PC flimsy up on the wall. Maybe that should be priority number 1!!

Tomorrow I start the hunt for roller blades!