View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fmoss3 View Post
The assembly looks so different than any diagrams I can find online. I guess I'll just have to keep diggin'.
Tensions are basic. They have a socket. They have a post in the socket. The socket and post are held in with set screws. (NOTE: The post may in a few cases be screwed in to the socket at the end.) The post will have a pin in the hole in its middle. There will be a spring that goes over the post and into the socket. Set screws or ridges hold the spring in place. Then you will find various things. Some have a few plates mainly for looks. There should be disks for thread to pass through. Then you will find something to stop the pin in the middle of the post. Then you will see a bee hive spring. Then you will see parts to hold it all on and parts that make adjustments. They do vary but once you've done a few it isn't rocket science to figure out from the parts. The manual I posted earlier will tell how to set the socket and how to set the post and spring in the socket. You will have to look for the set screws. You will have to remember or record the order of the other parts. As you take it out you will need a system to remember. If this is too hard you may need to find someone to help you or do it for you. It is no shame to hire help...