Old 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

GGal ... here's hoping the Ocean Waves and Breeze have helped you stay cool! Yes caught by the FMQ bug first by mmany of the rest of you Lovely Ladies. I obviously missed something about Honchey and a QOTS contact.

Honchey ... great news ^^^ Hope today's travel day went well. And now you will be home and tired!

JeanieG, JanieW and JanRN ... OR maybe I should have simplified it with The Three J's Thank you!!! Oh no, I just went for it. I actually find it harder to follow something on the fabric. Awhile back, I printed a picture of one of Anael's quilts with the design, and used it as my guide. I did do some pencil and paper "FMQing" first to get in the routine of when to curve left right or whatever. It was kind of like doing a 3 pointed figure 8 (get the idea?). The 4-Leaf Clovers were when I messed up and had to fill in what didn't look so good! Then graduated to a scrap piece, then to a practice IRL piece that'll become a QAYG project ...... then onwards to the real thing and just went for it. The more I did it, the better I felt with it. Of course, easier to do it on a border, than across a whole quilt though.

JeanieG ... Are there happy little hammers rattling away there?

JanieW ... I'm with you on the "I hate crowds"!! I do ... and really do avoid them as much as possible. Great horse memories for you ... guess you had to look "tough" when you were asked to help and had a student with you! Remember, they are called the Gentle Giants for a reason!

QNSue ... sorry for your disappointments today. That'd be a great thing if you could attend Mr+MrsOKSGlad's "hanging" for us! Is your 5 cup salad ... sour cream, coconut, marshmallows, mandarins, pineapple? Haven't had it for years and oh so delicious! Definitely a nice hot weather treat.

DublB ... enjoy your stew! I had leftovers ... often cook doubles for the next day/meal. Or multiples for the freezer too. Makes for some great hot weather eating ... and stand bys when quilting is more important than eating!