View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 AM
SazuBMidlands

Hi All :-)
I'm Sarah, I like in Birmingham in England. I'm 31, and am getting married to my wonderful fiance, Graeme, at the end of September. I'll probably be posting my centre out right before my wedding. We'll then be going on honeymoon to New England for 3 weeks (we have a lodger who will still be here though - so don't worry about any centres arriving!). I work full time (which cuts into my sewing time!), and he's working on his PhD, and does some freelance tech work occasionally too. No kids yet, but we'll see what happens after the wedding ;-)

I was inspired to start quilting after a trip to Canada with my parents in 2004, where we happened to see a double wedding ring design in Nova Scotian tartan, which was gorgeous. I tried experimenting myself for a bit, and then in 2007 did a beginners sampler course. I've been in several round robins on this board before, and love them :-) and have also made a few quilts on my own. Still haven't managed to make a double wedding ring quilt though!

I've not really worked out a centre design yet. It's really hot here at the moment (compared to how it normally is anyway) so currently trying to think of cold things. I'm wondering about maybe a christmas themed quilt. Still early though, so plenty of time to change my mind...