Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Sheluma

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
Oh my. Possibly the most romantic thing ever.
I guess I'm into "practical romanticism" (definition: he tolerates my sewing machine hoarding)

Now go get that Phoenix 429!!!
The guy is supposed to answer my questions about whether it has a manual or bobbins. (I don't want to seem to eager lest he think it is a $500 machine ha ha). He has promised to, but said he's been busy and forgot about it. I'll email him and set up a time to get it.

p.s. The eBay Bell is shocking - it even has the 429 brand on it. Nothing but the Name Brand is changed. I am horrified at the price.
Actually the faceplate is different. Flat chrome instead of the "streamliner" nose with light switch. Not functional sewing things, though. But "my" Bell doesn't have 429 on it. I'm still thinking that mine might be a 3/4 machine. What did you think of his ad? I was kinda put off by it. A lot of stuff about how his work is so great and others' is not, but not a lot about the machine, or what was included. Also he keyword-spammed by using Pfaff 130 in the title. Against the rules. I wouldn't buy anything from him. His stuff is way overpriced anyway.

The weird thing about Bell sewing machines -- If you do a search, you'll find a very small machine that is collectible, and a few others. They were made in the USA, and the company was based in the USA. For some reason, Baer and Rempel badged a machine for them. Had Bell given up making their own machines, or was that before they started making their own? A lot of makers badged machines for other companies or stores (a million examples such as Kenmore, Macy's, Gimbles etc.), but I never heard of one sewing machine maker badging for another. I found a little info on Baer and Rempel on needlebar, but there was no mention of Bell. Bell was not in their gallery archives, either. I also didn't find anything on Ismacs about Bell. There's still a lot more research to do.