Old 07-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Susan Sendt

I like catpawski's boldness and her idea of returning those to the one who thought they were "I spy material". I also received 12 blocks that were not suitable for this project. I didn't want to say anything because I am a newbie and didn't really know what to expect. I received some charms that would definitely be considered calico and/or "mystery" charms. I also received some that were obviously miscuts.... headless sharks, etc. I did receive some really wonderful charm patterns and am really excited to add these to my stash in preparation of making my first I spy quilt. I am also very eager to share some of the cute, cute, cute things I have bought for the next swap. The miscuts and calico and mystery charms are in a container marked "general charms". I am sure I can find some use for them. I hope no one's feelings are hurt. I am so excited to continue this swap until I have enough to lay out my quilt. I have been collecting fabric for more than 2 years for this quilt. I am adding something else to this project. I am scanning each charm and going to print a picture of the item, laminate the prints and put them on a ring to pin to the quilt. This quilt is for my grandchildren to play/nap with at my house and many of my grandkids are too young to read. I thought a picture book would be a nice addition. Let me know what you think, please. As I said, I have not made one of these before.