Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 PM
irishrose

QM, you can't lose weight under 1000 calories. You body thinks you are going to starve, so it goes into starvation mode and reduces the # of calories needed. 1200 is the lower limit. Add in a few daily calories, then, here's the shocker, add in a feast day at least once a week. That way your body doesn't go into starvation mode and keeps burning calories. This way of eating doesn't let your metabolism adjust to the lower # of calories.

The park wasn't hot, the salad was good, the company was good, but the music left something to be desired. Can't win them all. I haven't sewn on the expanding quilt yet today. I have a section to write for the church newsletter, then I'd better sew on it a little.

Does anyone have any experience with an adult tricycle? I haven't been bike riding since I developed neuropathy and the accompanying unstable spells. I called about a used one today. I've ridden my bike around here this month for the first time in years and have enjoyed it, but I wonder if I'd be more comfortable (mentally) on a 3 wheeler. Do they move as easily as a 2 wheeler? Do I want to spend that much money to find out?

One day closer to 'my' batiks.