Old 07-19-2013, 04:24 AM
grant15clone

I have to share this. I have been working on a Centennial 201-2 almost every day for about two weeks now. It is in for a restoration. I am almost done with it and yesterday I was to the point of where I was able to test run it for the first time. This is from my page this morning.

THE SQUEAK!!! I finished the wiring yesterday and got it back together enough to do a test run of the machine. There was a squeak when it ran at slow speeds. I looked and looked. Squeak. I oiled and greased everything again. Squeak. I used Tri-Flow. Squeak. I started taking it apart again. Squeak. Took more things apart and I still was getting that Squeak. I couldn't even tell where it was really coming from. Squeak. Squeak. Squeak.
I finally found the squeak. The wire cable that runs inside the machine for the light was rubbing on the upper shaft making it squeak. I was able to make it stop and ran the machine. Sweet, sweet music it is!
I wanted to hear the machine again this morning and, Squeak. The squeak came back. I have some more work to do on it today.
~G~