View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Blackberry

Default Got it fixed, yeah!!!!!

Sometime back I posted that I had purchased a Brother Wizard for $15 at an estate sale. The machine was in nearly new condition but I couldn't get the reverse button to work. It was just stuck. Well, I oiled it really good and let it set for perhaps a week to 10 days and decided to try it again. Still stuck. My OSMG tried but had no luck either. I had finally decided to just live with it as I didn't really need it because I could just take a few stitches at the zero setting and that would tack the seam. Then my DH asked if he could try his method and I said go ahead. Well, he put a piece of cloth on a small piece of 2x4 and held it close to the reverse knob and slightly tapped it with a hammer and what do you know, it came unstuck and now it works like a charm. I am still having trouble getting used to the needle being set permanently to the left but I will get used to it. I can't imagine why you would not let the needle at least have left, middle and right movement. All of the cams and the zigzag mechanism works perfectly and it run so quiet. I just love it.