Thread: Quilting Studio
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Snooze2978

As I was looking for a new house here in Iowa, I had my priorities to have a large enough area for my sewing room. I left Florida and an 18 x 10 room and it was just not large enough to hold everything. I now have the basement which is separated by a wall down the center which can not be removed safely as its a bearing wall so I opened the other end of the wall so I can walk thru from either end and gives more air flow. I think the total area is 25' x 29' with bump outs for the fridge/freezer, sink and PC armoire so there basically are not taking up this area. Since I had this much room I enlarged my cutting table to 6.5 x 4 which will get enlarged again with the new mat I'm ordering and I added a design wall 6 x 7.5 as that's all my ceilings would allow and then upgraded from a 10' quilt frame to a 12' which really made things tight. 6 bookcases full of fabrics, 2 embroidery machines, 2 sergers, kitchenette, ironing board, pegboards to hold all our little toys for our hobbies, TV/DVD, Ipod for music and books and of course, don't forget a full bathroom nearby so I never have to leave the basement. I only wish I had more windows but I did add shop lighting going across the room instead of the length of the room. I attached my roll of batting above my cutting table so its out of the way but nearby where I can get to it. I'm happy though would love just a few more feet of more all around. Let's face it we are rarely ever satisfied with what we have...................we always want more but I'll settle for what I have and be thankful.