View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 AM
nancia

madquilter-- you could look for fabric shoes and then kill two stones with one bird! certainly when we agreed to this we were not intending it to include apparel grade fabric, right? i am going to be working on 2 swap items and then a dress in cotton for my dgd and then a tulle skirted minnie mouse birthday dress for the same dgd who will be 2 on august 3rd. she gets 2 dresses since she wears one at the family do on the night before--all the out of towners get together-- and then one for the b'day spectacular the next day. i have already sent one dress, but as i suspected, i took it in too much. i can let it out when i get there or just make a new one. ten guesses which route i choose!
and i have been making doll clothes for all my little friends who have 18" dolls and for mine as well. maybe i could get extra fabric and make doll quilts (full size, if i'm "having to buy for a specific project" because i probably don't have enough yardage for matching dresses and quilts). hmmmm....i'd better go check, or just use my memory. i don't seem to remember any fabric like that..... oh, dear. i may have to go buy some. don't worry, madquilter, i will look for shoes while i'm there! does anyone have a good shoe pattern??