View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 12:25 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
Thank you all. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me earlier. I kept reprimanding myself for not looking at it closer but now I'm as pleased with it as the day I bought it. Thanks for all your help. The box was in good condition and had all the attachments, manual, bobbins, etc. The only think I have been working on is the smell. I read up on that and am trying everything.
Great to find out you "knew your machine" after all! On the case smell, me too...my "new" fw is in awesome shape! The box, too...even the original manuals...but the smell...and mine is not like something died smell...it is an old rancid grease smell. I changed out the original pad on the machine, but the box is seeming to "outsmart" me with the smell...I have set it in the sun, I have stuffed it full of newspaper, put it in the sun, change out, repeat.. I have wiped down the inside with weak bleach solution, dried well, set in sun. I have mixed in baking soda with the newsprint, set in sun...sprayed with febreeze, back to the sunlight, still smells like old rancid oil....I so hope it will get better as the box really looks almost new, has the 2 original keys and everything! Any help, please tell me!
K