Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Sheluma

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post

We often say about most of our animals, "If I hadn't gotten them, natural selection would have". They're sweet, but of the 5 we've had in recent years, 3 of them missed the "brains" line up at the factory. The one that licks machines also likes to sit with her head in the throat of an operating SM and babble at me. Yes, I stop when she tries to jockey into that position. Stunned me the first time. I yelled "DANGER!!" but that didn't stop her long term..
So funny! Certain cats who love attention do funny things. If you're looking at something they want you to look at them instead, so they put themselves in the way. "Oh, you want to read that book? I'll sit on it." "You want to cut that fabric? I'll sit on that, too." Your cat: "You want to sew? I'll put my head next to the needle"

I just found my T&S attachment box. I bought it for the SS plate and foot for my 401. (I bought my 401 in a thrift and it had no accessories.) The CS finger attaches to the plate on the right side, between the 4 and 5 seam guide marks.

Thanks for the warning about the timing issues. I could really only afford one if I find it in a thrift or craigslist. Half the thrill is in the hunt and find, so that's okay. Do you happen to have the part numbers for the 411 bobbin case and CS throat plate? My plan now is to try to find them on ebay germany or ebay uk, or italy, etc. Maybe I'll get lucky. I've heard of people having the machines shipped from Europe, but the shipping must cost hundreds!

I hope you've gotten some sleep, or will soon.

--Sheila